Find out if orthopedic therapy can give you the long-term relief you’re looking for.
Does your body always seem to be hurting? Do you work at a desk all day? Dealing with chronic neck or back pain? There are many reasons people turn to our Somerset, KY, physical therapy assistants, Betty Tucker, Rachel Wagers, and Jennifer Graham. If you are dealing with musculoskeletal injuries, acute disorders or chronic diseases, our team can help.
What does an orthopedic therapist do?
Our team of physical therapists here in Somerset, KY, treat a wide range of conditions and injuries that impact the musculoskeletal system, which includes,
Any condition or injury that affects how your body functions or moves can be addressed through orthopedic therapy. Some of the most common problems we treat include,
- Neck and back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Pinched nerve
- Joint pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tension headaches
- Spinal injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sprains and fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Runner’s knee
How will my orthopedic therapist treat my condition?
First, we will need to do a full evaluation to determine what is causing your symptoms, as this will determine which treatments will be the most effective. We emphasize a treatment plan that focuses on safe, effective conservative care that is also drug- and surgery-free. Most treatment plans will include,
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Physical therapy
- Mobility exercises
- Massage therapy
- Manual manipulation
- Muscle retraining
- Balance training and vestibular rehabilitation
- Dry needling
What are the benefits of orthopedic therapy?
If you are still on the fence about whether you could benefit from regular orthopedic therapy, here are some of the biggest benefits that our patients experience,
- It provides symptom relief through more conservative treatment options
- It may prevent the need for surgery
- It can reduce dependency to pain medications and help you eliminate the need for drugs
- It can improve mobility and functionality in all areas of the body
- It can reduce pain and stiffness
- It can reduce anxiety and may even improve symptoms of depression
- It can improve sleep quality
- It can boost your immune system
- It can improve circulation and blood flow to speed up the healing process
If you are dealing with neck pain, back problems or other conditions that you believe could benefit from orthopedic therapy then call Cumberland Physical Therapy and Rehab in Somerset, KY, by calling (606) 678-5708.