If you’re dealing with pain, a chronic condition, or simply want to maintain your physical health, Lori Chin, your physical therapist in Somerset, KY, and the team at Cumberland Physical Therapy and Rehab are happy to put their skilled hands to work for you.
What Is the Purpose of Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is a method of treatment that treats issues with the musculoskeletal system. The body is made up of several bones, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Each one plays an important role in a person’s ability to move and carry out physical activities.
At times, one or more of these essential components may not function properly, typically due to an injury or overuse. In such cases, a physical therapist in Somerset, KY can help you build, restore, and maintain the strength and full functionality of your body.
When to Seek Physical Therapy
To maintain optimal physical health, it’s a good idea to make an appointment twice a year for a basic checkup. At this time, your movement and functionality will be examined to make sure everything’s working as it should.
- You should seek care between checkups if any of the following apply:
- You notice that you’re not able to move a part of your body as well as you did before.
- You’ve been injured, whether it’s in a car accident, while playing sports, or simply falling at home.
- You have a problem bending over to pick something up or tying your shoes.
- Pain, discomfort, tingling, or weakness in a limb is preventing you from carrying out daily tasks.
- You’re having a hard time standing up straight.
- You’re suffering from back, neck, or shoulder pain.
- You have chronic headaches.
- You’ve had surgery, such as a hip or knee replacement.
In addition to helping you recover from pain and injuries, Lori Chin, your physical therapist in Somerset, KY, can also help you through chronic conditions, such as:
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Heart conditions
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Recovery from cancer
- Parkinson’s disease
Whether it’s time for a checkup, you’re dealing with pain, or you want to optimize your body’s movements, visiting Lori Chin, your physical therapist in Somerset, KY, can help you achieve your goals. Schedule an appointment with Cumberland Physical Therapy and Rehab at (606) 679-2773.