Also known as Infrared Light Therapy , laser light therapy promotes tissue repair and natural healing in and around bones, joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. A small machine targets red and near infrared light waves at an injured part of the body. It provides temporary relief of minor muscle aches, pain and stiffness in a joint.
Laser light helps with healing by:
- relieving pain and inflammation
- increasing blood circulation
- stimulating nerve function
- helping to generate new, healthy tissue.
Laser light therapy is commonly used for a wide array of conditions, such as:
- Lower back pain
- Migraine headaches
- Pain relief
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Sprains and strains